Favorite movie?

"What is your favorite movie?" is probably one of the most frequently asked questions and at the same time the question I can never answer. It was only just now that I realize what my favorite movie actually is. And to answer this, I needed to ask how I'd classify something as my favorite. It had to be something I could watch over and over and still not get sick of it. It had to be something that I can still look back on and could sit and watch the whole thing of (especially since recently, my patience for watching movies hasn't really been the best). It has to be something that has really struck me. This movie brings me back to a childhood favorite, the Disney version of Peter Pan. Yes, ok. I'm a kid at heart. And yes, I don't want to grow up.
Why's Peter Pan my favorite movie? Aside from this having to be a childhood favorite, the story of Peter Pan is something that a lot of us can relate to. Although there are those who are eager to grow up and get into college, there are still many of us who would rather stay a kid (and I'd have to consider myself under this category). The story tells us that there will always be a child in us no matter how old, or young, or how mature we can be. Though when I was younger, I never really realized it, now I do. Peter Pan is one of those movies that when you watch again after some time, you find that you have a different perspective on things. Though it may not have touched me as much before even if I was OBSESSED with it as a kid, when I see it now, I've come up with new insights and new ideas on the movie. All in all and most importantly, I love Peter Pan basically because it's just an extremely fun movie to watch. Everything about it is light. It's a feel good movie that'll get you singing along at one point and terrified at another. It combines a whole lot of elements that aren't really seen in a lot of movies. I guess a lot of what was in the movie, i.e. the plot and the characters, appealed to me as a child. It's something that was-and is- so me in a certain sense. I guess because of this, and because it bridges the me now to the me then and keeps me a kid, I love this movie. It has become my Neverland.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home